Eric J. Michaels
Eric's practice focuses on general corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, tax and business representation of closely held businesses, their owners and families. He has structured and negotiated purchase and sale transactions ranging from one million to more than $400 million. Additionally, Eric has designed and implemented incentive compensation programs such as equity and phantom equity based plans for start-up and mature entities.
Before Fox Rothschild
Eric was a director/shareholder with the Witman Stadtmauer firm where he served as chairman of the Corporate and General Tax Departments. Prior to that affiliation, he was associated with McCarter & English where his practice included the representation of tax clients. Before then, Eric was a Senior Tax Department representative in the Corporate Reorganization Group of Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
Beyond Fox Rothschild
Eric is an Adjunct Professor at Seton Hall Law School and teaches Partnership Taxation. Eric also served as an Adjunct Professor of the Masters of Taxation Program for Fairleigh Dickinson University.
• Represented two (99%) shareholders in a $400 million transaction involving employment agreements and non-competes.
• Represented the seller in a $12.5 to $16.5 million transaction involving the sale of a mining business.
• Represented radio broadcasters in transactions ranging from $5 million to $110 million.
• Represented a privately held cosmetic company in its sale to a public company for more than $20 million.
• Assisted with raising capital for a U.S.-based distillery.
• Handled the purchase of New York City Liquor Stores.
• Represented client in the sale of the division of an insurance brokerage business.
• Structured the admission and departure of stakeholders in various professional entities.
Client ResourcesLaw in the Sunshine State
Florida's business-friendly climate, concentration of corporate and financial resources and proximity to Latin-America attracts many individuals and businesses. Follow our attorneys as they navigate Florida’s unique business and legal environment – discussing matters related to real estate, business and international tax, trust and estate law and administration, immigration and more – helping clients live, grow and thrive in the Sunshine State. View Blog
Honors and Awards
• Martindale-Hubbell "AV" rated
• Member, New York Law School Law Review
Included in AVENUE
magazine’s Legal Elite list of top tax attorneys in New York City (2011)